Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Booking

Yesterday I booked our first campsites.  We wanted to spend a couple weeks at Hunting Island, South Carolina.  It's a good thing we're flexible because since I'm booking late (yes, March IS late for booking campsites for the spring/summer of the same year) I was unable to find a campsite that was available for 14 consecutive days.  I tried to think outside of the box, a trait I'm trying to develop since I soooo envy people who do that, and decided to find another place to visit that was equally as well-endowed, so to speak, as Hunting Island, with  beautiful sea, sand, sites.  I looked at the South Carolina state park website and found a nice place on the beach a hoot and holler up the road from H. Island. (I've gotta get in S.C. mode verbally as well as mentally, so I'm practicing, gol durn it.)

I found Edisto Beach.  It looks great and has all the features of it's counter-part and best of all, I could book a site for 9 days.  I've got us locked in for a 9 day site and we'll go there first.

Since we still wanted to stay at Hunting Island, I found a 5 day site that butts right up next to our stay at Edisto.  So we'll ultimately get our 14 day camping trip and get to see two of South Carolinas beautiful beaches and parks.

I also planned our trips down and back and tried to set all it up so we could stay at least once in each state we go through.  We'll probably try to stay at Flying J truck stops since they are RV-friendly and have dumps, gas discounts and WiFi.  Now we have to go get a Flying J RV Rewards card...or whatever it's called.

That's on the list to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment